This is particularly for Kelly, Miranda and Lauren, but I wanted be sure to share the humorous “Snatchel Project” with everyone:
From their website (http://www.governmentfreevjj.com/):
Let’s make a uterus or VJJ for each male rep in congress! If they have their own, they can leave ours alone!
Follow these simple steps:
- Knit or crochet a vagina or uterus
- Print a message to enclose
- Mail it to your male Senator or Congressional Representative
- We’re in the process of arranging hand delivery to congressional offices in Washington, until then, go ahead and mail yours in!
Record your items in this spreadsheet so we can track which representatives still need to receive a “gift”! Don’t forget to thank your representative if he respects women and supports our rights.
Who Are We?
- We are women, we are strong, we are smart. And we have a sense of humor.
- We do not need government interference with our doctors or our healthcare.
- We do not need government probing our vaginas to help us make decisions about abortion.
- We do not need government to give us guidance about whether or not to take birth control.
- We do not need misogynistic pundits calling us sluts and prostitutes.
- We are half of the population and we will not be treated as children or a disenfranchised minority.
Whether you are a Democrat, a Republican, or an Independent, female or male, please join us in sending a strong message to our government representatives. Tell your male government representatives: “Hands off my uterus! Here’s one of your own!”